Yes, it is indeed time for another First Friday. This week is going to be more laid back. After mass and adoration, we will be heading off campus to get some grub.
Most likely we will be at Transfer Pizza and then head down to Bayview. However, we will keep our options open depending on the size of the group.
Since the message this week is short, I thought it would be a good idea to start with why do we First Fridays.
The reason why relates to the 12 Promises Our Lord made to St. Margaret Mary. I lifted this from St. Mary’s in Wausau. I trusted that they got these right… so please forgive them for any discrepancies!
The 12 Promises
Listed below are the “12 Promises” of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary to encourage all Catholics to know and understand the benefit of practicing the Devotion and to encourage all to take up its immediate practice.
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Stay classy and be holy, Sursum Corda MKE!